What is your coin detail?

How to find your coin and banknote detail? Internet is the best tool to help you identify them with no extra cost. What you need is just a PC and internet connection.

One way to learn about your coin in possesion without buying a book is through website and forum. There isn't many banknote and coin forum out there that can help you identify any coin in the world. Most of the time I browse for this forum:

http://www.coinforum.com/
This forum is about coin and most of them is rare coin. Many people share their coin for public viewing.
This forum is about ancient coin, mostly from roman and greek time.

http://www.coinpage.com/nonusalist.html
You can check by looking at the year of your coin but no details, most of the time.


If you cannot find your coin in any books or coin magazine, you can always try to Google them. Just type anything that you see on your coin or banknote and search their image. For example, I am looking for this coin that I just bought 2 days ago, I can read "King Philip 1741 spain" on the coin. I google them and found many thing about my coin (will share the detail I found next time). If your Item is the same as the Image you found, most probably you can read about their detail.

I am avoiding ebay because I found many replica item on sale/auction there (sorry ebay). We need the exact weight and diameter of the real coin to make sure your item is real, I found out some detail been change to favour seller item. This is just my own opinion, please look upon ebay if you want to.

Sometimes, your lucky day is running out and you maybe cannot find any information about your coin or banknote. The only best thing you can do without buying a book is to find your local numismatic or coin dealer and asked about the detail of your coin.

Good Luck.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Safank Fank

Video Gallery