Straits Settlements flag.


I am a fan of straits settlement coin. Been hunting for this coin since I start collecting. Many of you maybe own a straits settlements coin with Queen Victoria (1837 - 1901), King Edward VII (1901 - 1910), King George V (1910 - 1936) or King George VI (1936 - 1952) face. Most of the coin is made from silver thus making it a good collection for investment. Have you ever see straits settlements flag?

I browse for wikipedia and find straits settlements flag by Himasaram . Straits Settlements or Negeri-Negeri Selat is establish in 1826 until 1946 after the Anglo-Dutch Treaty of 1824 between the United Kingdom and the Netherlands, by which the Malay archipelago was divided into a British zone in the north and a Dutch zone in the south.

most of the picture I found is a drawing not original flag from that time. If any of you found any original flac picture please do share them with me.

You can read more about the flag description here:
http://flagspot.net/flags/my-str.html#des

You can read about Straits Settlements history in here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straits_Settlement


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Safank Fank

Video Gallery