Being a Virgin: The Secret to Long Life

Meet the oldest virgin - Clara Meadmor who has just celebrated her 105th birthday last week. According to her, NO SEX is the secret of her long life. She further tells newspapers that from the young age of 12, she knew that she will never be married thus, concentrated and consumed all her life working. Ms. Meadmor never had sex because she was too busy earning a living. Some even questioned her sexual preference.

"People have asked whether I am a homosexual and the answer is no. I have just never been interested in or fancied having sex," Clara said.

"I imagine there is a lot of hassle involved and I have always been busy doing other things.

"I've never had a boyfriend - I've never been bothered about relationships. When I was a girl you only had sex with your husband and I never married.

"I've always had lots of platonic friendships with men but never felt the need to go further than that or marry.

"I made my mind up at the age of 12 never to marry and I've not gone back on that."

But Clara was never a girl short of marriage proposals and despite "offers" she turned them all down.

"I grew up in an era where little girls were to be seen and not heard so I had to learn to stand up for myself and earn my own living," she said.

"Some men don't like that in a woman and before long I was too old to marry anyway."

Instead of looking after a husband, Clara took up reading, gardening, walking, cooking and listening to Radio 4's Woman's Hour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Safank Fank

Video Gallery