Some tools to help on your collecting hobby

Here is some tools that I has been posted in this blog that might come handy to any new coin and banknote collector. This tools come from various source but mostly come from books that I read. This is a good tools to help you understand more on Collecting banknotes and coins as a hobby. As they say this is "a hobby of a king". For my frequent reader, sorry because I am bit busy this few days and most probably will be back posting a new thing next week.


This is coin edge varieties I found in Krause Publication. This picture will help you to understand; what exactly your coin edge called? Some people will have different name for some of this edges but I prefer to use this as a guidance since it is easy to understand.

This is a banknote grading table by KN Boon in his book Malaysia, Brunei & Singapore Banknotes & Coins (4th Edition). This is a good tool for newbies to understand banknote grading. I type them again and put them on JPEG, You need to click them to view at its original size. It is an easy way to teach newbies with this banknote table grading around. You just need to look at your banknote and look at some aspect of banknote like handling, paper, Holes, Tears, Integrity and folds.

I am also putting a banknote grading picture to help you understand more on banknote grading. You can find that post here. My grading may not be accurate for some collector but I am just trying to teach newbies about this hobby. If you think my grading ain't that good, please feel free to comment.


This is Standard International Numeral System table by Krause Publication. I have been posting them on flickr last year. This is a great tools for you to find what do your banknote or coin with different numeral system then your own for denomination or year mintage. You need to click them to view at its original size.

If you're looking for a coin and banknote collecting software you can find some of the best one in here. All of them are not a free software for coin and banknote collecting. If you want a free software, please subscribe to my post via rss/my feed. Will try to find them for you next time. Some of my reader is asking about a free excel for banknote and coin collecting. Still trying to figure out on how to put them in here.

I will try to post more tools for all of you again next time. If any of you looking for something to help you on your coin collecting feel free to comment in here or post them via e-mail. I will try my best to find them and reply in here.

Related posts:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Safank Fank

Video Gallery