A quest for 1 dollar straits settlement coin

Sometimes, when you really want something, it will be very hard to achieve or get them. That's also happen to me in my quest searching for banknote and coins. I start collecting because of strait settlement coin.

One of straits settlement coin that still don't have in my possesion is 1 dollar king george V 1919-1920. I have been looking this particular item in internet, lelong, auction, coin trader, coin collectors, and currency collectors. This happen when I start working in penang in 2000. The best I could find is year 1919 at RM950 in AUNC condition in 2004. A very expensive price and overprice item. The seller knew I am looking for that particular item.

This year, I am lucky because stumble upon this coin again at a much cheaper price and better condition. I bought this 1920 king george V 1 dollar coin at RM450 in Amcorp Mall, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. After 8 years, finally my quest to own this coins ended with a happy ending.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Safank Fank

Video Gallery