My first banknotes collection

I start collecting banknotes and coin at the age of 15. That is 15 years ago. I start collecting coins especially Strait Settlement series and world coins. That time I really Don't know my coin value, what is numismatic, where to find coin dealers, coins auction or even proof coins. Most of my collection is based on coins that been given by family and friends.

This Board of commisioner of currency malaya and british borneo $10 dollar notes is my first banknotes that I buy. This is an old british money that I buy from a weekend market or tamu in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. You can see the the banknotes condition is considerably worn and circulated. With creased folds, wrinkles, dirt and minor tear. It been used in 1961 after Malaysia has been declared its independence in 1957.

I bought this banknotes for Malaysia Ringgit RM30.00 during that time. This Fine condition banknotes values right now already goes up at Malaysia Ringgit RM200.00 according to standard catalogue by Steven Tan. This show that currency collecting is a good investment for your money and can tell you the history of the country.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Safank Fank

Video Gallery