Happy Chinese New Year 2011

I wish a Happy Chinese New Year 2011-CNY to all lunaticg.blogspot.com readers and friends who will be celebrating them this Thursday in Malaysia. Also a Happy Federal Territory Day to everyone who are in Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Labuan. I know most of you already "balik kampung" (going back to their hometown) by now since today also a Federal Territory Day Holiday. We already past the year of tiger in 2010, wish everyone will have a prosperous 2011 rabbit year ahead and may it bring a tonnes of luck to you. To all my collecting friends, may this year you will add more treasures in your collection. Just make sure you don't forget to share them in your blog or whenever I have time to meet you.


Last week, when I go to Berjaya Times Square doing my blog work, I found this shop selling a red packet or ang pow with a celebrity faces on it. Some of them are already over 10 years old and the owner said that people do collect this kind of ang pow. I never seen something like this before but if any of you receive an ang pow with this design, I suggest you start collecting them. To anyone who don't know, Ang pow are passed out during the Chinese New Year's celebrations, from married couples or the elderly to unmarried juniors. The red color of the envelope symbolizes good luck and is supposed to ward off evil spirits. The amount of money contained in the envelope usually ends with an even digit, in accordance with Chinese beliefs. I will write a report on my Berjaya Times Square trip and share them with everyone next week.

By now, we can see red all over the places in Malaysia, red lanterns, red calligraphies, red packets, red carpets and almost all Mall, Hotel and offices in Malaysia are already in red by now. I therefore take this opportunity to wish all Malaysian Chinese and anyone who celebrate a
Happy Chinese New Year 2011.


"兔年吉祥!
Tù nián jí xiáng!
Good Luck in the Year of the Rabbit!"
from lunaticg banknote & coin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Safank Fank

Video Gallery