Malaysia 10 sen 1971 coin story

Sorry for all my frequent blog reader for been missing over one month. I am a bit busy on my new office renovation work and going to my office meeting once a week. I am only doing my online work during office hour right now and will be back after my new office is ready. I am still doing my banknote & coin hunting though. Some of my hunting trip is a big success with almost all the item I wish I can find in my wish list. For my new reader, I am hunting for a coin or banknote with a bargain price (half the price from your usual standard catalogue). For some of my reader who e-mail or commented in my blog, I will try to reply as soon as possible. Sorry for keeping all of you waiting.

Today, I want to reply a question from a friend about Malaysia 10 sen 1971 coin. Why everyone is looking for this coin? I have been talking about this in my later post Malaysia rare coin but she still don't understand why this coin is a collector item. She has been looking for answer in Google and Yahoo but there isn't any answer that can satisfy her. I don't know if my answer would be any different. Just hope she is reading my blog and reply in here. I am not a numismatist, just a normal collector who love to share some tips on how to take care your collection and where you can find a cheap price for your collection.

She is telling me via e-mail that she read via world wide web that this coin, Malaysia 10 sen 1971 coin only has 32,236 pieces mintage. So what? She found two of this coin in circulation. For me and almost everyone in this hobby, consider yourself a very lucky person to find this coin in your pocket or purse. I have been traveling for almost every part of this country and I found many small time coin dealer talking about this coin is a hype or a hoax since they themselves haven't seen this coin. I am not a rare coin collector myself but I still can find seller who do sell them. There is one street coin dealer who always have Malaysia 10 sen 1971 coin and Ali Abul signature one ringgit banknote on sale in penang, Butterworth Roadwalk. You can try contact him and asked if he have this coin on sale.


An article by Berrita harian in November 2009 reported about how colector addicted to old coins. In 1971, Malaysia coin were minted in West Germany. That coin are the last time for a Malaysia coin minted overseas. In the same year, some coins were minted in the money factories of Bank Negara Malaysia in Shah Alam. However, the coin minted limited to only 10 cents coins. Floods that struck the Selangor and Kuala Lumpur affect the operation of mint when flood overflow into the printer. The incident caused only have time to 32,000 pieces minted.

There is also a story about Malaysia 10 sen 1971 coin that the coin go into circulation by mistake. 10 sen coin mintage in 1967 and 1968 total is more then 235 million more then enough for population in Malaysia during that year (1971). There are also no wrong with Malaysia 10 sen 1971 coin. You don't need to look if there is an extra dot on parliment because that is for other coin. People looking for Malaysia 10 sen 1971 coin because of it lower mintage, nothing else.



Related posts:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Safank Fank

Video Gallery