Weird Sculpture


Seeing this bizarre sculpture left me wondering. I've found it while browsing some photos in the net. I really don't know if its half dog, half human or 1/4 cow, 1/4 dog and 1/2 human. I just can't figure it out. Out of curiosity, I've searched the net to seek an answer. Well, this masterpiece is created by the artist Patricia Piccinini and was named "the Young Family". This is just one of her many sculptures. I was intrigued by her artistry so I would like to share some more of her creations and since I have nothing "odd news" to blog about right now, I thought maybe, this one will do. So here it goes:

the leather landscape

the young family (back view)

still life with stem cells

The artist, Patricia Piccinini, revolves in the concept of exploring what is 'natural' in the digital age. She deeply puts a personal perspective in her craft. She pursued an interest in the human form and explored potential ways to manipulate and enhance it thru bio-technical intervention. From mapping of the human genome up to the growth of human tissue and organs from stem cells, she had created real works of art. No wonder her sculptures truly reveals her passion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Safank Fank

Video Gallery